There is nothing more striking than leather on a woman from head to toe. This is not only because leather a popular material, but it also comes in an array of styles that are classic, sensual, durable and powerful; it’s extremely versatile and complements many outfits. How a woman looks in a leather jacket, along with any other leather accessories like a handbag, is simply exciting. It’s easy to come up with women leather jacket options for yourself. Leather jackets never disappoint. Their versatility and design often make them fit well on the body, bringing a fashionable, trendy overall look, and says a lot about the true personality of the wearer.
Buying Tips and Tricks
When buying a leather jacket for women, there are a few primary aspects that need to be considered. Below are some of them…
1. Genuine Leather
Selecting a genuine piece of leather, especially if it is your first jacket, calls for a little thought. There are fake jackets that look identical to the real ones – the same texture, look, and feel. So, check whether the dealer provides a 100% guarantee on the outfit. You should only be ready to pay if you can get such an assurance. But of course, buying a genuine leather jacket means making adjustments to your budget to some extent. This is simply unavoidable; with genuine leather, you must be willing to pay a little extra.
2. What Animal’s Leather Is Used In The Jacket?
During your inspection, ask the dealer what animal’s hide is used in the garment so you have a better idea of its quality. Lambskin leather is always better than that from a cow or sheep. The former is light and comfortable to put on, it is more durable and it comes with a fine, soft touch on the skin.
3. Jacket Lining
This is one part that most people often skip when buying a leather jacket. Inspecting the lining and finishing touches of a jacket is as important as the quality of it leather. If you live in a cold climate and you are looking for a warm and comfortable jacket then go for a Kasha lining with a thinsulate support instead of a cotton lining.
4. Where The Jacket Is Manufactured And The Brand
North American made women leather jackets are stylish but expensive. However, if you can afford one, then it is better to avoid the cheaper, low quality Asian imports. But even with local products, you’d better check their authenticity first. Do not focus solely on brand names. Go for leather jackets made by reputable manufacturers who are known for producing quality products for women.
5. Color And Design
Leather items come in a variety of colors, but black and brown jackets are the most popular. The color you choose should complement what you already have in your wardrobe. Try to buy a leather jacket in neutral colors, one without any super complicated detailing. A jacket with minimal detailing will remain fashionable for a longer period of time. However, it is better you let your personal taste in color and style reflect your choice of leather jacket.
Cleaning Tips and Tricks
Most store-bought leather jackets today are preconditioned. However, once you have purchased one, taking the time to give it a little special care will help ensure that you enjoy it through many years of wear. So, whether yours is a designer label, a vintage classic or a prized motorcycle leather jacket for women, below are some cleaning tips to help you keep your garment look great always.
- Treat your jacket to protect it against moisture using topical oils and water resistant dressings to help extend its life.
- Wash off drink and food spills like spaghetti drippings with a mild soapy solution when they are still fresh. Avoid harsh detergents.
- Clean off all bugs and road grime immediately as these can become extremely hard to wipe out when allowed to dry on and stay on the jacket for a long period of time.
- Before you start regular cleaning, remove any mold or mildew on the jacket. This can be done using a proprietary leather stain-removal spray or using a clean, damp white lint-free cloth.
- Unlike polished leather jackets, suede and brushed leather jackets should be treated differently. Slight discolorations or loose dirt on suede jackets should be removed by brushing it with a soft brush, and not through washing. Water has been found to stain and change the texture of suede leathers.
By keeping these women leather jacket options and styles in mind, you can find a jacket that suits your particular fashion style. Leather items, when treated well, can last decades and some styles, like bomber jackets and motorcycle jackets just never seem to go out of fashion. While a leather jacket may seem expensive initially, the cost is really radically reduced when you consider just how many years you can get wear from it.